Saturday, August 13

finally cooler weather!

The running has been pretty good lately. We switched down to a not-quite-as-hard training schedule since we were a few weeks behind on ours anyways. I think it will fit better. Last weekend, 10 miles (still on the treadmill) and that felt really good. 


The interval run this week - finally got to run OUTSIDE!! It felt wonderful. I went down to the track at the community college and apparently other people had the same idea because there were quite a few people walking or running on the track. It was so nice to be running outside again. 


The second run this week I didn't do. I was not feeling very good Friday night and I started the run but just wasn't feeling so hot. Actually I was feeling very hot and feverish and so I just went back home and relaxed.


Also did some cross training this week...biking I think it was? That was indoors.


Tomorrow - 14 miles. I can't wait to do it all outside! It's not supposed to hit 70 till 9 am so I think we're going to head out around 7 and try to get most of the run in while it's still in the 60s. I haven't been doing too good about getting up early the past few weekends. I think 7 is a little more realistic than 5 am. 


That being said, better get to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Glad it's getting a bit cooler for you. Around here, it was still hot in Snowmass..... Yuck.
    Enjoy your run!

    ReplyDelete