Friday, July 8

What happened to my motivation?

When I was training for LA marathon last spring, I surprised myself with how much motivation that I had to get out for all of my runs. This time around, I feel like I've been dragging myself out for every run (when I go) and the only good run I've had so far is my 8 miler two weeks ago.

After seeing Laurel had started a running blog, I thought maybe if I did it too it would give me some motivation for my runs. If all goes as planned, I will be excited to get back from my run and post I DID IT!!! There will be some kind of accountability. Scott is running with me also but he hasn't been much better than me at sticking to our training program!

So here's what the plan is. Next week starts my 16 week program. I'm doing the FIRST "Run Less Run Faster" program which is three days of running a week and two days of cross training. It starts out at 13 miles for the first long run, so for the last 8 or 9 weeks we've been working up to 13 miles. My longest run so far has been my 8 mile run two weeks ago. Last week, I was supposed to run 9 miles when I was at home, but I started too late and got hot and was having some bowel issues and so I stopped at 6.5.

I haven't run since last weekend. The long days at school and the holiday weekend did not help my training. The goal for tomorrow morning is to run 11 miles. Maybe that is stupid and too far to go, so I have my run set up so that I can easily shorten the run by a mile or two, as long as I decide by mile 6 or 7.

I wish I had a cute picture to post like Laurel did!

Scott is going to run now (and I feel a little guilty about not running) but I have to get up early to take him to the airport and want to run after that so I can sleep in on Sunday.

Things that are zapping my motivation:
-heat
-humidity
-looooong days at school

9 comments:

  1. This web site definitely has all of the information and facts I wanted
    concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    My web site; exercises to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never
    found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    my web blog - exercises to improve vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply desire to say your article is as astounding.

    The clearness in your post is just nice and i can assume
    you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.


    Here is my weblog - workouts to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for
    your next post thank you once again.

    My blog post :: vertical leap exercises

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi to every , since I am actually keen of reading this webpage's post to be updated regularly. It includes fastidious data.

    Also visit my page :: workouts to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are actually impressive ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some nice factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


    Also visit my blog - workouts to increase vertical

    ReplyDelete
  7. naturally like your web-site but you need to check the spelling on
    several of your posts. A number of them are rife
    with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to tell the reality however I will certainly come again again.


    Feel free to visit my blog: exercises to increase vertical

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a
    weblog web site? The account helped me a appropriate deal.
    I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided vivid transparent concept

    Here is my page: www.kernu.edu.ee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this website presents quality depending
    articles and additional stuff, is there any other website which
    gives these kinds of information in quality?

    My web page exercises to increase vertical

    ReplyDelete