Some things I learned from my run last night:
1. Don't eat Indian food the meal before running. Burping up samosas and vegetable kofta while running is gross.
2. If you wait until sunset before even driving to the track to run, it will be too dark to run. I admit - Scott was right, I was wrong. That doesn't happen too often. :)
3. 103 degree weather at 6pm does not cool off very fast when the sun goes down. It's still hot at night.
4. Running in a rain can be nice. Running with dark, loud thunderclouds above you and lightening all around is kind of scary.
So, to make a long story short, we ended up on the treadmills last night only 5 minutes after starting our warm up run. The intervals, wow, they were hard. We stretched the 60 second rest interval to 90 seconds, but ran the mile intervals at 8:20, so a little faster than we needed to. The treadmill keeps you true to your pace, thats for sure. Scott wasn't feeling so hot, so I'm sure if we had been on a real track I would have beaten him last night. That would have been cool.
That's Uncle Brian with the gold medal.
Today we have a cross training workout. I let Scott choose which one since he really got his butt kicked last night. He chose rowing. It goes like this: 5 minutes easy, 1 min hard, 1 min easy, 2 min hard, 1 min easy, 3 min hard, 1 min easy, 4 min hard, 1 min easy, 3 min hard, 1 min easy, 2 min hard, 1 min easy, 1 min hard, 3 min cooldown. I'm not sure if I've ever rowed before.
On another note, I don't have any patients today so I get to spend the afternoon continuing to catch up on my life. I didn't get it all done last weekend.

Hahah i like that picture a lot! The head sizes are very accurate!
ReplyDeleteRowing is fun, I do it on my dad's indoor rowing machine sometimes. It is surprisingly tiring and works different muscles which is a nice change of pace. my dad's advice is to use your legs mostly, not so much upper body, but I'm sure Scott can give you pointers also.