Friday, July 22

no-run thursday.

Well we didn't run last night. I am still sore from Tuesday and Sunday! What is going on? It is not too bad, but I notice it still when I go up and down the stairs. Also, for some reason I was a little scared of the run and so I think I used my soreness and my schoolwork to give me an excuse not to do my run. Why I am scared of a 7 mile run but not the 13 miles I have to run this Saturday morning, I do not understand.


I have been trying to drink more water, and I also did take my branched chain amino acids. Once though. That probably isn't good enough. I need to bring them to school with me and take them at school, but sometimes I feel strange pulling out my vitamins or supplements in public and taking them. Especially because the supplements I have are not a 1 pill a day...they are capsules and usually I have to take 4-6 of them a day to get the full amount and so then I just feel like I'm being JUDGED to be a pill popper, that everyone is watching me, wondering why I am taking so many pills! In reality, I'm sure no one even notices or even thinks twice about it if they do, so I should just get over it.  However, there is one further complicating factor and that is that once, when I was at school in LA, I took my vitamins and then almost exactly half an hour later I ran out of the classroom and had to vomit. So that has caused me to refuse to take my vitamins unless I have a really full stomach.


Enough about that. My grandmom always says that old people just want to talk about their "poops and pills" so I will withhold the former in hopes that I am not turning into an old lady. Not that I don't have anything to say about it - most people who run experience problems in the GI area at some point or another - but I'll spare you.


So last night, instead of running, Scott and I worked on a presentation for class today. This is what we looked like. Please ignore my messy apartment.


Scott is grumpy again.



I realized that in my effort to show you how excited I was to be working on the project, my posture was terrible and that is not acceptable for a chiropractic student.  Here's a better photo.

Still I realize I should be at a desk, with my screen at eye level, and my elbows at 90 degrees, but... this is all I've got for now.



Today I leave for California for Jessica's wedding!! Rehearsal tonight, run tomorrow morning, wedding tomorrow night. Going to see Joy and Kevin quickly Sunday morning and then come back Sunday afternoon. Still not doing well in those heels. Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. Because the 7 miles is today and Saturday is sooo far in the future you aren't even ready to fear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop worrying what other people think

    ReplyDelete