While I was working on the chart with Aunt Patty (see yesterday's post), we thought about adding him but at that point in time, we weren't texting, which is how they get numbered, so banjo boy became He Who Shall Not Be Numbered. (If he were numbered, he would be #14, since we're skipping 13 in case it's bad luck). He facebook friended me, which eventually I decided was good so that I could do a more thorough internet stalking of him. Looks like he mostly just plays his banjo a lot, or that's what most of his pictures are of. Sort of makes me wonder if he has TIME for anything (anyone?) else but I suppose I don't want anything too serious right now anyway.
Which brings me to, what do I want? After Uncle Rob outlined HIS ideal man for me, I thought I should think about that a bit for myself. I purposefully left that part out of my profile. I just put out there who I am and let people come to me. However this is what I've come up with for a personal ad:
Looking for someone who is fun, has a good sense of humor, is a bit outdoorsy, somewhat spontaneous but also likes to plan things out. You should be manly and also not too skinny. You should take care of your body but not be a crazy gym rat, and I'm not too into cyclers or mountain biking. I can't explain it, but it's just not something I find attractive. I would like to find someone to go camping with, cook dinners with, take random day trips or weekend trips with. A little dorky, but also cool, interesting, and have SOMETHING in your life that you are really excited and/or passionate about.
I'm not too into "sweetheart" or roses. Especially in the beginning, and definitely not if I haven't met you and we are only talking online.
Remember, I am a Gemini. We are the twins of the zodiac. Sometimes I may seem fickle, so you might need to work a little bit to keep it interesting for me. They also say we are a bit two faced...I like to take that as being multi-faceted. "On one hand, the Gemini can be outgoing, flirtatious, communicative, and ready for fun, fun, fun. Yet when the other twin is present, you can find this air sign contemplative, serious, restless, and even indecisive." It would be to your advantage to learn how to decide which one of me is present very quickly. So you should probably be a pretty perceptive person. Lots of people compare Geminis to butterflies, so be careful not to try to contain me too much. Think of a butterfly net, not a glass jar. However, life is never boring with a Gemini around, and I've never met a Gemini who I didn't like.
I would like someone who would want to be casually exclusively dating for the first few months (this means we are not serious but we are not dating anyone else). After 3-4 months, you should be begging me to be your girlfriend - but not before then. Then about a year and a half later, you'll be wanting to propose to me, so you should probably start saving up now. Actually you can make that two years, it doesn't hurt to make me wait a little bit.
Deal-breakers: smoking (weed or cigarettes); people who get wasted every weekend; not wanting children; calling me "sweetheart" before we've met; trying to hold my hand, kiss me, or rub my back on the first date; being anti-religion; not liking country music; shorter than 5'7"; beards longer than 1/2"; mustaches; blonde hair;
Deal-makers: drives a truck; taller than 6'; snowboards; is a thoughtful present-giver (who doesn't like that?), close with their family; knowing how to separate colors, delicates, and fold clothes; brown hair; knows how to do home-repairs/remodels (important for the future);
Comments? Do you think this fits me?
.jpg)
.jpg)
You forgot to mention something about "Needs to appreciate EVERY part of 'Waiting for Guffman'"
ReplyDeleteOh yes, Mike! You're right!
ReplyDeleteWould love some updates!!! Should be funny and well documented - ha ha ha! Banjo Boy? I'm still pulling for him but I haven't had the update on #14 or 16 or whatever you are up to!!!!
ReplyDelete